Product Review: Shea Moisture Curl Enhancing Smoothie


Everyone raves about how moisturizing the product is and how much they love it. My experience was totally different. The first time I used it, I applied it to towel dried hair and let it sit....... big mistake. The curls in the front of her hair were defined. In the middle and back there was very little definition. It was very difficult to smooth out sections. The product felt a little sticky in her hair. I was not pleased at all and thought maybe I used too much.

On the second attempt, I realized I just don't like it. I blowdried her hair and used a small amount on each section. Granted it does provide moisture but not as much as my softee coconut oil. In order to give give the best review possible, I used this product alone without any other product in my daughter's hair. After letting the product set overnight in twists, I have to admit that her hair was not soft. Her twists weren't defined and by the end of the day her hair looked more like a blowout than a twist out. If your curl pattern is more defined, you will probably like this product. If your hair is dry, you will need and additional moisturizer. I haven't completely given up on this product. Since my curl pattern is more defined I will be trying it on my hair.

This entry was posted in ,,,,,. Bookmark the permalink.

1 Response to Product Review: Shea Moisture Curl Enhancing Smoothie

  1. Unknown says:

    Nice blog. I want to know more about this in future.

    Indian remy hair

Leave a Reply

Search

Powered by Blogger.